My Cycling Experience

On Monday morning Bigfoot Adventures came to our class. Their names were Kate and Kyla. When they came into our class they told us what to wear and the rules to follow when we are on the road riding our bikes. Kate told us to wear light and bright clothes and to wear shorts but if you wear long pants just roll your pants up or just tuck it in your socks if you have long socks.

After that we went outside. We had to grab a helmet and line up along the fence. We had to line up from the shortest to the tallest. Kyla told us what the A,B,C,D,Q check means when checking our bikes for safety. A means Air test, B means Brake test, C is Control and chain test, D means drop test, and Q means quick release test. After that we went to get the bikes. The shortest children got the smaller bikes.

The more confident children had to go onto the top court with Kyla and the least confident had to go under the canopy with Kate. My favourite activity was when we played a game called “The last person wins.” We had to go very very slowly. And I kept winning because I am good at balancing for a long time.

When it was the end of cycling I was sad because I still wanted to bike and I liked it so much. I wish they could come back again so I can learn other bike skills.  That day was the best one because I learned so much.